If you are looking to unleash big ideas on the world, to let your conceptual mindset run wild, and you want to propel notable human-centric global brands that are crafting and changing the human experience as we know it, THIS is the calling.
We are working with an international digital experience & design agency, which seeks to constantly redefine the possibilities of engagement, branding and the user-brand relationship through innovative applications of digital storytelling, VR/AR, design, voice, pop-culture, technology and media. The agency places a huge emphasis the consumer experience, and this team spans the globe across 11 major cities, speaks nearly 29 languages, and has worked with 200+ clients on over 5000 projects. The agency is tenacious about design and the digital arena, and has the experience and credibility that goes along with pouring their creative hearts out for two decades. Sound cool? Say hello then!
There is an immediate need for several Account Director roles. The agency is seeking a technology-versed conceptual thinker with a depth of design experience.
The Art Director is responsible for the conceptual development and the execution of creative deliverables to drive client business objectives. These responsibilities include creating and communicating new concepts, implementing marketing strategies and developing interactive design solutions that foster immediate action and long-term consumer engagement. Reporting to the Creative Director, The Art Director will work with and lead a collaborative team of designers, copywriters, information architects, content analysts, audio designers and production specialists. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, this person will demonstrate an ability to justify concepts to both the client and the project team.
• Developing big-idea concepts and communicating these ideas internally and externally
• Balancing strategic development of creative ideas with client business objectives
• Directing & delegating various creative team disciplines (design, information architecture, audio design, production and copywriting)
• Directly contributing to project design and development:
• Creating storyboards / initial graphic concepts
• Conceiving functional design solutions
• Creating site grids and interface demos
• Providing quality assurance of all creative deliverables
• Mentoring, coaching and leading team members through project development and performance management
• Building and maintaining a rapport with clients, partner agencies, photographers, model agencies and other vendors
• Foster ongoing innovation throughout the creative department, to remain a thought leader in the industry
• Lead and partner with designers, production artists, writers, content analysts, planners and Information Architects.
• Participate in strategic brainstorming, concept development, creative brief development and creative execution
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong design portfolio with 4+ years education, 2+ years design and interactive work experience
• Experience leading a team of designers, production specialists and writers to creative excellence.
• Engaging with, influencing, and inspiring clients - service, leadership and pitching
• Ability to think creatively and justify concepts to clients and team members
• Experience with strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
• Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
• A solid working knowledge of the latest versions of Mac OS, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Understanding of the strengths and limitations of Flash, After Effects, QuickTime, Director, ImageReady, Final Cut Pro
• A committed passion for the profession of visual communication
• Passion and forte for design and creative problem solving
• Motivation, decisiveness, organizational skills, efficiency and dedication
• Eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
• Solid footing balanced between creative expression and commercial reality
• Leadership abilities to foster learning and excellence among team members
• Illustration in both electronic and traditional media is an asset
Sponsored work visa, and relocation package available.