Incredible opportunity for an aspiring Design Director to join an international architecture & interior design firm, renowned in the high-end luxury hospitality & residential space, to lead their New York studio.
Working closely with one of the founding partners, you will be responsible for managing a small yet growing team of interior designers and architects to deliver projects from concept to completion across luxury celebrity residences, hotels, restaurants, superyachts and private members’ clubs. Aside from having an impressive design portfolio and solid experience within a reputable design firm previously, you must be able to demonstrate well-rounded experience in client-facing, project management, and team mentorship.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), a BFA in Interior Design, BSc in Interior Design or similar architectural qualification
- 15-20+ years’ post-graduate experience at Senior Designer level or above
- Proven experience in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a highly professional manner
- Proven experience in running and delivering projects from initial concept to completion
- Ability to advise clients on all technical aspects of a design project
- Knowledge of CAD, Photoshop, 3D modelling software, Excel, Estimate and other industry software packages would be advantageous
- Highly organized, and able to manage a team effectively, whilst mentoring junior team members
- Motivated but also a strong team leader who values collaboration
- Ability to manage time and work flow of projects highly efficiently
- Eligible to work in the United States
This is the perfect opportunity for a highly driven individual with an entrepreneurial mindset who is ready for the next step up in their career. Immediate availability (2-4 weeks) would be highly advantageous.