Here’s the charge: Design a work environment where people produce and execute at their absolute highest abilities. Factor in the world’s greatest technology, harness the importance of collaboration and innovation and create an environmental aesthetic that tells the story of the client in a way that inspires and propels.
A top-tier global architecture and interiors client is seeking a Business Development & Client Services professional with 3 to 7 years sales success within the workplace design, architecture and commercial/office interiors industry. This person should be able to demonstrate a full spectrum of experience supporting clients from project initiation to move‐in. This individual will work within our small team locally while collaborating with the larger team globally. The ideal candidate has a pre‐existing, well‐developed network of connections amongst brokers, project managers, corporate real estate executives and real estate developers in the Bay Area. This person should be an independent self‐starter and strategic thinker. This role will require someone to be exceptionally organized, be able to multi‐task well, and be comfortable balancing the demands of a fast‐paced and changing environment.
In this role, you will…
- Identify, analyze, pursue and report on new business opportunities with existing and prospective clients.
- Spearhead all phases of the sales development cycle, from prospecting and introductory meetings through detailed presentation and negotiation to closing and on‐going activities to monitor and support client satisfaction.
- Oversee the effort to identify and formulate winning strategies for proposals/responses to RFPs and RFIs with the support of the internal proposal team.
- Meet prospective corporate clients and prepare presentations of the firm’s profile including projects designed and executed by the firm.
- Participate in industry organizations and other professional events for business networking in regular and consistent manner.
- Maintain strategic relationships with clients, brokers, project managers, real estate executives, land developers and other strategic alliances.
- Manage commercial process‐flow and information tracking from the inception of leads through deal closure.
- Nurture and foster existing client relationships to maintain client and augment satisfaction.
- Excellent business communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- A hunger to consistently seek out and uncover new opportunities
- A strong desire to help uncover new solutions to better assist our clients in their business goals.
- Ability to formulate a business development strategy and to execute these initiatives.
- 3 ‐ 7 years of experience working in business development in architecture, engineering, construction, or a related industry.
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritize workload, work under pressure and to your own initiative.
- Proficiency with CRM systems.
- Bachelor’s degree; emphasis in architecture, construction management or engineering is advantageous.