A world known extreme sport and lifestyle brand is looking for a dynamic communications manager to build their local audiences, regionally and globally, by selecting and producing brand content to captivate the local target market/audience (media, videos, photos, editorial series write ups, etc.). The successful candidate must have an editorial mindset: understand trends in the market and how to utilise these within the brand. You must have a good PR/media relationship and network, and be able to initiate content production. Strong at strategising and planning with content, and must be able to manage and brief the production team. An innovative and diverse background is preferred (media outlet/broadcast/TV/PR/etc.). You will be working very closely with the Digital Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an energetic, motivated team, working on a global brand.
- Bring a well-established media network/good PR network and continue to establish connections in relevant fields
- Lead the content planning to activate marketing initiatives
- Work closely with the Digital manager on the local team to have a holistic view on how the content can be activated on the relevant social channels
- Distribute content to media outlets and exercise entrepreneurial spirit to pick up on international trends that would be of interest to the local market
- Strategise communications plan for the brand and maximise the paid, earned, social and owned channels to gain reach and engagement
- Monitor media output according to international standards
- University degree in Journalism, Marketing/Communications, Business or Media.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Cantonese
- 5 years’ experience in the media field
- Broad production knowledge
- Editorial sense: content & story developer
- Strong marketing understanding and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with sharp eye for creative opportunities
- Project management skills