A prestigious F&B company is looking for a Design Manager to deliver boutique store designs for the APAC region. This exciting role is for a talented candidate with strong direction and leadership skills, who enjoys working in a team of multicultural designers. You will be responsible for several headcounts, and report to the Director, Concept Design and Innovation. In-depth knowledge of materials, detailing, construction methods, fit-outs, lighting and acoustics is preferred. Responsibilities will include managing and creating boutique store designs, from concept to detailed design stage. You will oversee and lead the production of schematics, material specifications, design intent packages, and visuals. Candidate must have the ability to effectively communicate design direction to peers. Experience in hospitality, retail or F&B is a must.
- 8 - 10 years of solid working experience in the interior and architecture design field, specifically in hospitality, retail, or restaurant design
- Degree or Diploma in Interior Design or Architecture from a recognised institution
- Large scale and complex interior and architectural design concept experience
- Experience in leading design teams, managing deadlines and accountability, direct reports, and coordinating external consultants
- Experience working with design consultancies or developmental organizations
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Interior design experience for the drive-thru stores (e.g. F&B stores, restaurants, hospitality) would be ideal.
- Direct experience managing a design team
- Experience managing and co-ordinating with external consultants (architectural, interior, MEP and others)
- Ability to create, manage, and deliver construction and design documents
- 3D Visualization
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to interpret design objectives and create innovative store environments
- Able to stick to tight deadlines
- Sustainability trend knowledge preferred