International luxury interior design firm with offices in London, New York and LA is currently recruiting for a highly creative, innovative Interior Designer with 5+ years experience in high-end hospitality and residential design projects to join their expanding Los Angeles Studio. With strong conceptual design skills, including space planning, interior design & detailing, and a strong grasp of high-end materiality, you will be completely familiar with the interior design process from pre-design through design development, material research and selection and bespoke FF&E, through VE process and construction administration and closeout phases. You will be comfortable working autonomously as well as closely with a team of skilled designers and technical architects. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an office that has a casual corporate culture with a collaborative team approach.
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture with 5+ years post-grad experience
- Completion of luxury residential or luxury hotel projects in the US from beginning to end
- Ability to create and develop conceptual designs
- Experience of multi-unit developments and also the construction administration side, marking up shop drawings etc.
- Advanced skills in Photoshop, InDesign and freehand sketching; Sketch Up is a plus
- Knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
- Experience in drawing custom furniture via hand sketch and/or AutoCAD
- Experience in an FF&E procurement program or similar
- Good knowledge of US building & ADA codes; and hospitality & commercial grade material requirements pertaining to fabrics and finishes
- Self-motivated and good team player able to work quickly and efficiently in an organized manner
- Self-confident, receptive to constructive feedback
- Proven experience in dealing with suppliers and contractors
- Solid network of high end/luxury product vendors
- Fully competent to oversee FF&E specifications of all soft and hard materials/finishes, and project schedules: plumbing fixture, finish, lighting, door hardware, etc.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- Excellent attention to detail
- Managing projects efficiently, within schedule, budget and client and/or brand parameters
- Managing and briefing design team on live projects
- Mentoring junior and intermediate designers
- Managing the procurement of FF&E products
- Building and growing existing client relationships