Here’s the charge: Design a space where the absolute best work gets done. Factor in the world’s greatest technology, harness the importance of collaboration and innovation and create an aesthetic that tells the story of the organization. As a Workplace Designer, you bring to life the possibilities of a productive and inspired space, where business gets done, and people are compelled. You design to leave an impression. What an important & amazing craft.
A top-tier global architecture and interiors client is seeking a Project Architect & Job Captain with 6-10 years of innovative workplace design experience in commercial and office interiors. Ideally, you are based in San Francisco and looking to be part of a fun, growing team with reach across North America and the globe.
As a Project Architect & Job Captain, you are comfortable interfacing with diverse teams of architects, interior designers and contractors internally and externally to bring projects to fruition during the full client lifecycle. You are a student of human-centered design thinking and a strong problem solver. In addition to your superior leadership, coordination capacity, and ability to stay up to date on new innovations, you are knowledgeable of the relevant building policies and procedures that inform all aspects of conceptualization, documentation, and construction of each project for your clients.
In this role…
- You interface with office leadership to navigate and define various project criteria and objectives for each client
- You brainstorm with in-house strategic planners to consider new solutions that address cultural opportunities in each project and redefine our understanding of everyday programs such as workplace, retail, and hospitality
- You lead, mentor and coach a team of designers to develop client solutions and solve complex problems, and to help expand their skills and innovation
- You serve as a key member of the design and build teams, participating in concept development, design documentation through construction administration
- You manage each project program and contract, and assist in preparation of project proposals, schedule contracts and fees, and work authorizations
- Min 6-10 years of expertise in interior design or architecture, with previous Job Captain/Project Architect experience, and a focus on commercial interiors and workplace design
- Mandatory Revit proficiency
- LEED AP / LEED GA preferred
- Licensed California Architect preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Design or other related field preferred
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Candidates must be authorized to lawfully work in the United States on a permanent basis
Job Type: Full-time