Our client’s brand design studio is a collaborative team of designers, strategists, and storytellers that engages with a wide variety of clients on projects of all sizes—from product packaging and websites to campus signage systems and international brand positioning. As part of the brand design team, you will help clients tell their unique stories effectively via every channel available in today’s diverse media landscape. Our approach combines design and architectural expertise with a unique point of view and strong communication skills. We believe that this approach results in brands that build trust, inspire confidence, and forge lasting relationships.
The Junior Graphic Designer will join our client’s brand design team of design thinkers and doers who specialize in helping to tell stories and create experiences in the context of the built environment.
The ideal candidate has a passion for typography, art, color, creative solutions and innovative communication methods. This person must be a strong and highly motivated 2D designer who will be required to quickly generate multiple initial concepts and develop them into viable design solutions. This individual will coordinate between multiple project directors, fabricators and clients. Knowledge of and experience in a traditional printing process for collateral materials is a plus.
The project types within the studio range from Branded Experiences, Identity and Print Collateral, Exhibit Design, Environmental Graphic Design and Signage and Wayfinding.
What You Will Do
- Generate multiple initial concepts and develop into viable, documented design solutions
- Produce creative print collateral, and digital and environmental solutions across multiple 2D and 3D applications
- Integrate brand messaging, color, imagery, type and composition into deliverables
- Collaborate with clients, design teams and other graphic designers on client projects across multiple sectors
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, environmental design, industrial design or related field
- 1-5 years of professional experience
- Must be fluent in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, Photoshop and CAD tools
- Experience in motion/digital media software such as Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Premier, After Effects
- Strong typography, color and composition skills
- Strong conceptual thinking skills, including the ability to present design concepts to others
- Ability to work under multiple design leads and independently
- Ability to visualize ideas in two and three dimensions
- Comprehension of architectural scales, sections, plans and elevations a plus
Our client is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.