We are looking for a Packaging Designer to join our client, a multinational consumer goods corporation!
You will be part of a creative team responsible for original and innovative packaging design concepts for established FABRIC CARE brands.
You will be working alongside an enthusiastic creative team with a collaborative attitude and you will enjoy being part of an agile working environment.
- Distil marketing challenges and business objectives into fused creative briefs. Work closely with Design Director on brainstorming, conceptualize, execution of brand imagery with a high level of focus on packaging design.
- Understand human behavior and create design solutions that meet business challenges and solve real consumer problems.
- Manage design projects from end to end with responsibilities that include creating the design brief, design strategies, identifying the success criteria, managing project timeline, budget and design agency relationship. Hands-on design execution for all packaging projects.
- Work in cross functional teams driving deep consumer understanding and business strategy into exceptional design solutions.
- Be responsible for executing designs and inspiring external agencies work
- Understand the latest Chinese trends/developments and articulate what makes a difference in Chinese lives.
- Not only ideate and develop strategies but a creative individual who can envision the possibilities and execute bringing those ideas to life making them a reality.
- Deliver creative brand solutions across touch points. Specifically, you partner with a multi-functional team of future forward brand strategist & thinkers looking to build momentum with consumers.
- Ability to translate design trends and consumer insights into action is a key business value.
- Degree in Design (graphics focus) and or experience in related field.
- 5-8 Y’s experience in packaging design, and the business context working towards excellence in Packaging design
- Software fluency high affinity with graphic programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign Adobe creative suite, etc). Experience in print production and print technicalities.
- Artwork capabilities to create design from start to final artwork.
- High bar for quality, especially for aesthetics and in layout creation.
- Strong teamwork & design leadership skills with proven experience to effectively bring design strategy all the way to execution while fully articulating the target consumer and business needs.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and manage complexity with excellence. Proven discipline, priority setting in managing and leading complex projects with effectiveness, from design strategy, consumer and customer understanding as well as excellence in packaging layout execution. Resourcefulness and scarcity mindset is critical for the business.
- Possess strong technical mastery and problem solving skills.
- Great sense of creativity and eye for beauty, needs to be flexible in an environment of constant change. Engage and influence senior management and cross-functional partners. Develop strong credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding in basic print production management.
- Ability to lead multiple initiatives from concept to final execution.