Savvy is working with an international luxury design firm seeking a talented, conceptual Senior Interior Designer / Interior Architect with 8+ years post-graduate experience who will focus on exclusive residential, hospitality and commercial projects.
Requirements and desired experience:
- Bachelor of Interior and Architectural Design, a BSc in Interior Design or similar, with over 8 years’ post-graduate experience
- Completion of at least 2 high-end large-scale luxury residential or luxury hotel projects in the US from beginning to end
- Ability to create and develop conceptual designs
- Experience of multi-unit developments and also the construction administration side, marking up shop drawings etc.
- Advanced skills in PhotoShop, InDesign and freehand sketching; Sketch Up is a plus
- Experience in drawing custom furniture via hand sketch and/or AutoCAD
- Experience in Studio software (FF&E procurement program) or similar
- Good knowledge of US building & ADA codes; and hospitality & commercial grade material requirements pertaining to fabrics and finishes
- Self-motivated and good team player able to work quickly and efficiently in an organized manner
- Self-confident, receptive to constructive feedback
- Proven experience in dealing with suppliers and contractors
- Solid network of NYC and European high end/luxury product vendors
- Fully competent to oversee FF&E specifications of all soft and hard materials/finishes, and project schedules: plumbing fixture, finish, lighting, door hardware, etc.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- Managing projects efficiently, within schedule, budget and client and/or brand parameters
- Managing and briefing design team on live projects
- Mentoring junior and intermediate designers
- Managing the procurement of FF&E products
- Building and growing existing client relationships
Remuneration is dependent on experience.
Candidate must be a US national or have a current work visa for the US.