Savvy is working with an artisanal boutique architecture and interior design firm to seek for a Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager.
They provide architecture, interiors and industrial design services, and dedicate a high degree of personal attention and expertise to each project. The current work focuses on very high-end interior residential and hospitality design, consisting of interior architectural design, custom millwork and carpentry design, international furniture sourcing, and interior decorating.
This Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager needs to have architectural and interior design professional experience of between 6-8 years. The Project Management role requires the manager to manage 3-4 small to medium sized projects con-currently (apartments and houses between 3,000-10,000 SQFT) from Design Development through handover.
The Project manager must be able to independently translate concept design requirements into a concept presentation and contribute in further developing the design through the preceding stages, into construction.
These responsibilities are:
- Manage a project schedule
- Execute deliverables for respective project stages
- Lead an assistant to execute on respective tasks pertaining to completing the project stage
- Interpret design concepts from the design principal, execute Schematic Packages
- Facilitate the Design Development stage in developing a schematic stage into preparation for tender and construction
- Manage the construction documentation stage, to have knowledge and competence in preparing tender documents
- To design and develop architectural and interior details, joinery details, exterior details during DD and CD stages
- Liaise with project consultants during DD & CD stages to complete a design and construction package according to site and consultant requirements
- To manage clients
- To manage administrative tasks required in the various stages of the design and construction segments of a project
- Residential and hospitality interior design detailing knowledge is required
- Knowledge and Production of tender and construction documents required
- Knowledge and management of FF&E design and production required
- Tender preparation and administration, including tender interviewing, writing recommendations, cost analysis and documentation, is required
- Construction administration, including management of project construction locally and overseas- production of meeting minutes, design sketches, variation order instructions, architect’s instructions, project schedule production and management at a detailed level
- Documentation of project expenditure related to staff time cost, and other project related cost, is required. (To be fully responsible for the P&L of the respective projects that the manager is leading)